Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Luggage of Life


Today was one of those days where I carried about 10 pieces of luggage. Only one of those bags was even for school. What were the other bags you ask, well they were all emotional bags. each full of something different: guilt, discontentment, weariness, grief, doubt, loneliness, plans changed, control, and selfishness. I walked the halls of school giving people I met only a slight smile. So worn out from the load that I willfully carried that I had no joy to give. I spent the day wallowing in self pity about my plans that God had so rudely changed with out my permission, LIKE HE NEEDS IT. I had failed to do my devotions since I got up at 6:30 and flew out the door by 7:00. I managed to grab every single piece of luggage except my Bible, which Mrs. Lee said to keep with me at all times. well needless to say I spent the day in agony. Since then I have looked back and can see this problem could have been solved very easily. I f I had taken 5 to 10 min. out of my miserable day and had given 9 of my bags to the lover of my soul, my father, and best friend. I do believe it could have been quite a joyful day. Well here are somethings I learned today I hope that my misery can help you be joyful.

Ephesians 3:12


In Christ we can come before God with freedom and without fear.We can do this through faith in Christ.

John 8:36


So if the son sets you free, you will indeed be free.


2 Corinthians 1:4


He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us.

Jesus wants to use us to help others who are struggling.
But how can He use me if I am exhausted from carrying around all my bags? God has a great race for me to run.Under His care I'll go where I've never been and serve in ways I've never dreamed.But I have to drop some stuff first. How can I share grace if I am full of guilt? How can I offer comfort if I am disheartened? How can I lift someone else's load if my arms are full with my own?

Galatians 5:13


My brothers and sisters, God called you to be free, but do not use your freedom as an excuse to do what pleases your sinful self. Serve others in love.

  • Jesus invites us to drop all the baggage we try to carry through life.
    We try to carry burdens that we were never intended to bear.
    We can't reach out to others if our hands are full.
    Worrying over our own troubles interferes with our ability to help others with theirs.

So for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ whom you serve, travel light.
For the sake of those you love,travel light.
And for the sake of your own Joy,travel light.


Love,
Turtle

6 comments:

C. Wilson said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Did you write that? Or, who is Turtle? :)

Mandy said...

It's my mom's nickname for me since I was a baby ;)

M. Kate said...

I was wondering the same about the turtle :). Sounds like your listening and learning sister and I'm glad. We all have days that we drag that stuff around - it's awesome it didn't even take you 24 hours to unload it! Love you much, you know where I am!!!!!

C. Wilson said...

Turtle eh? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? Well, you did say you've had some martial arts training.... lol. :P

Michelle H. said...

Hey, I just read part of your blog and am still discovering you can click on someones name and get to their blog! Has it alwasys been like this? Who Knew? Anyways, the poem If for Girls was on my wall growning up. It was not as long as the one you have written out sooo it was fun to read the whole thing! Love Michelle

The Rock Star said...

Hey, I just wanted to say I have been looking at your posts. I think I am going to see you in a little while, too. :) I have not seen you in a long time!