Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Just love me

Am I the boy
or the man
or just a kid
who thinks he can
be what some think he should be
but who doesnt' feel their heartbeat
Although I try
that doesn't mean I can
become a man
on demand
I need some time to reevaluate
what will be my elusive fate
so as the boy
or as the man
or as the kid
who thinks he can
I'll carry on till I'm carried on
I'll move along till I've moved on
do you love the boy
or do you love the man
or is it the kid
who you think can
be what you think he can be
although the future you can't see
don't love the boy
don't love the man
don't love the kid
who you think can
because what you see just may not be
who I'm designed by my creator to be
I may be
just what you see
but you don't know
so just love me
for who I am
not for what I'll be
for who you see
when you stand beside me
Am I the boy
Am I the man
or just the kid
who thinks he can
I think I know becuase now I see
I see that who I am is just all three
By: Adam Butram

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I love the ageless soul that you represent, Adam. No matter how old you are, your soul always stays the same.