Thursday, March 22, 2007

Declaration of Rights


I declare to you
my worldly and heavenly rights
these are the premises
upon which I stand and fight
I am alive
that I can prove
I have a right to live
that only God can remove
Here may I question
my first pressupposition
that I have rights which are mine
upon which my life to define
why do I have a right
when purpose and origin
escape perception's sight
and run just beyond my mortal grasp
so if from whence I come
and to whence I go
remains in the unknown
then what rights do I know
For then I am nothing
but earth and sod
is this not where we are left
without a true God
If I have no rights
then let me appeal to these
the death of Christ on the tree
I cry out from my knees
For I was truly nothing
but dirt and sod
until breath was put in my lungs
the breath of God
From this day forthI declare no rights
except for the sacrifice
the blood of Christ
By: Adam Butram

5 comments:

C. Wilson said...

Well said.

Psalm 139:13 (New International Version)
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

Anonymous said...

So...how do you know Adam?

Mandy said...

He is my little brother.
Who are you?

Anonymous said...

Adam is your BROTHER!!! I didn't know he had any siblings. Does he have any more that I should know about?

Anonymous said...

P.S. Forgot to say that you are SO lucky!